View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #134
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
I am not trying to bash on RX or anyone else. I just have some question about the SC system. So the MAF failure is that something seen as just owning a Super Charger? Is the kit still in the R&D phase with owners being part of the R&D? I wonder about the dyno test and if vince had this much of an issue with Camaro21's build. This is not to say RX has any control over others and the dyno process.

I do appriciate others taking the time and improving the system as they go. I am not sure if I could pay 6 grand for a system that may break down before I get home. I really hope these things get worked out. I really want a SC or Turbo system, though with these issues I may give up. Perhaps 6 grand would be better spent on a 1LE than a SC or Turbo system. I really hate saying it. ...

Maybe after a few others get the system those kinks will be worked out. Perhaps by September all the numbers will be in. By this I mean the new numbers on 1/4 miles and/or dynos. I have read about butt dynos and thats fine for $500.00 modifications. But for 6 grand modifications I need something more than a butt dyno.
Everyone has to remember, boost is just a measure of force (POUNDS per square inch). You can apply 8 pounds psi to a marble and make it roll really fast or 8 psi to a bowling ball and see it barely move. What makes the engine have more power is the amount of air that got moved by that PSI. Some things move more air at 8 psi than others.

This is where the MAF sensor problem Baylor and I are having is coming from. They aren't broken, cracked, faulty, we are just maxing them out. The ECU has a preset limit build in that Vince can't alter. Once we go beyond that amount of air flow it can no longer calculate an accurate air/fuel mixture.