Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
ahh! THANKS SSE 42SS

does "graduate study" and "Higher Learning" include High school, or is that considered AFTER High school is what im thinking I'm trying to ask
There are levels of collegiate education...
Associate degree... Two year degree, often trade related or specific...
Undergraduate, typically, the first four years, for a bachelors degree...
Masters, post undergrad, my wife has two of these... Athletics administration and special education.
Doctorate, PH'D higher than a masters degree...
Post doctorate, even higher still...
These are the levels I'm familiar with...

There are often tests associated with each level of advancement, to prove an individual is capable of completing the associated classes... Two and four year degrees are typical of collegiate study, with acceptance based on SAT's or ACT's, but there are specific tests to pass for acceptance into a masters or phd program... GRE, MCAT, GMAT, LSAT are a few examples. Again, study after the high school level is considered higher education, and graduate level is after a bachelors degree is achieved... In some cases, you skip the masters level, for example, law and the medicine... Law school grads have a doctorate in jurisprudence, JD or in some cases S.JD in the U.S., and Med school grads have a doctorate in medicine... MD.. But they are not turned loose on the public just because of the title, the still have the internship and residency to perform, then any practice specific further education required to become board certified, say in orthopedics, or cardiology...

High school is not considered higher education...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote