View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #44
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaro View Post
So I've spent the last couple of days upgrading my factory BA sound system with the following:

Rockford Fosgate Prime R400-4D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate P1S4-12 x2 Subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate Wiring
******** FARK Harness
Subwoofer Box from Customboxman (Ebay)

The goal of this setup was to still have full access to the battery compartment. I used Earthshaker's set up as an inspiration.

I had previously used rattletrap to help with road noise so this is my starting point.

Attachment 609419

Here's a picture of most the supplies I had for this. UPS was a little delayed in getting me the second amp and amp wiring kits, which in retrosepect was fine because this took me several days to complete anyway. I found the maker of the subwoofer box online checking out custom sound systems. It is solidly made by "Customboxman" and he's local to me so I went and picked it up. It fits perfectly for a rear facing subwoofer set-up.

Attachment 609420

Here is a better picture of how it fits perfectly. I also covered the box in a black microsuede/Alcantara-like fabric from Joann's Fabric.

Attachment 609421

I then made the "trap door" pieces that would cover the stock wheel well cover. Sound deadened and covered in red microseude.

Attachment 609422

Attachment 609423

The tricky part was the amp mounts. I needed to have them free standing so they could to be removable. Here you can see my cardboard box template as well lol.

Attachment 609424

Test fitting the amp mounts in the trunk.

Attachment 609425

Fit was great, went ahead and cut a pass through so that the cords would be hidden.

Attachment 609426

Here's a good side by side shot of the factory amp and the 4 channel amp with the FARK harness. By the way, if you're replacing the factory amp, get the FARK! It was by far the easiest part of the whole process. Just replacing the factory amp had humungous gains in the overall sound quality.

Attachment 609427

All buttoned up for now. I still want to try to cover the rear trunk trim in the black microseude and sound deaden the rear deck lid.

Attachment 609428

Attachment 609429

Attachment 609430

Attachment 609431
Damn now your inspiring me to make so many customized things like the trunk area. Only thing would be doing it while the wife is out on a business trip so she cant badger me on more mods haha. Everytime I look in this thread its something bigger and better, keepem' coming!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote