View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
SargeantSarcasm

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Sarge's 2013 Black on Black ZL1 M6

Before you get into the thread here's a spoiler for you guys. This is how she sits today:

Hi guys! Haven't been very active until now, but I picked up my new 2013 ZL1 Black on Black with the 6-speed transmission about a week ago. Hadn't had a chance to post her up yet because I'm spending a lot of my time trying to get past the 1500 mile mark. Been driving her a lot and I'm already almost at 1000 miles. I'm really excited about the build. Thinking it will be a long process that drains my pockets constantly(premed student) but it'll definitely be worth it in the end. Here are a few pictures:

Above is the picture of car when I went to pick it up from the dealership here in Baton Rouge.

The first thing I did when I got home from picking the car up was order bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com to fill in the holes once I removed the hideous license plate frame. The end result is pictured below. It gave the car a much cleaner look immediately.

And a few more pics of the car before I made a few changes:

This past Friday I dropped my car off at All Pro Tint and Graphics to get rid of the chrome and gold on the car, tint the windows and lights, and install 3M paint protection on the front bumper. I picked my car up this afternoon and was very pleased with the outcome.

Rather than using the standard paint protection kit for the ZL1, the guys at All Pro decided to do a custom job and ensure a seamless finish.

While the car was there for the night, I also had the taillights, reverse lights, spoiler light, and side markers professionally tinted and got the fender lettering removed. Got the ZL1 emblems and the bowtie wrapped in matte black. The bowties and emblems will be replaced with products from RPI designs as soon as they come in. I ordered several matte black ZL1 emblems and the bowties with matte black trim and carbon fiber center. Here are some pics of how the car sits as of today(11/16/13):

Limo tint all the way around

Finally, once the reverse lights were tinted we cut "ZL1" out of a piece of vinyl and placed it over the reverse lights so that it clearly reads "ZL1" when the reverse lights are lit up. Pictured below.

That's all I have done now, but definitely look some performance mods in the future. I'm looking to get about 600 rwhp in the coming months as well as continue to add little cosmetic mods here and there. My next mod will most likely by Oracle ColorShift 2.0s in the headlights and fog lights, and getting the silver interior pieces replaced in black or carbon fiber.

Thanks for taking the time to read through my thread. I'll update it as often as possible. Definitely open to any suggestions!

Last edited by SargeantSarcasm; 12-03-2013 at 08:54 PM.
SargeantSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote