View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #22656
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
i called juced good guys! they said vararam drop ships them for them and was not sure why they were not shipping them to their customers. he added that he is not real impressed with the power wedge. (could be why they are giving them away) when i did my install it was a tight fit i don't think i could jam anything else in there.
in other news i did led bulbs in my tail lights to finish up my all led tail end.the only thing left is the front side markers.please tell me i don't have to remove the front bumper to do that like i did on the rear for the back up lights and rear side markers.
I have always been interested in the Power Wedge, but have been skeptical of the power gains from what is essentially a spacer. Thing is, there are actually some independent dynos and testing out there (I think from the Corvette guys) that pretty much verify gains on par with what they claim. Once you have done most of the bolt on mods, $100 is actually a bargain for 8-10hp/tq.

They do state that if used with a Vararam OTR, it is absolutely vital that your tune is updated to reflect this, as the MAF is brought closer to the throttle body, otherwise no gains are to be had and you may have possible negative effects to idle and tip in quality.

But yeah, they are a hard sell. Not only because of the HP/TQ gains claimed, but because it is $100 for a piece of printed plastic. But when offered for free? You bet I would try one. Sucks they didn't send you one.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI