View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #10
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I would consult with Janetty, PCM of NC & DynoSteve on what path to take to get the best results regarding Nitrous/Stall/Gears. Good Luck, let me know what the plan is.
Steve is on it. From what I understand so far, the RPM when crossing the 1/8th mile mark, the tire height, and the MPH are needed to figure the proper gear for my current set up.

It will be some time before I run at the strip again. The trutrac and gears need a 500 mile break in, and I drive about 4 miles each day. So probably fall of this year before I can run again.

Steve will get it right, of that I am sure. I'll just need to record a pass after the initial tune, send it to him, and he will make any necessary changes.

I don't know much at all about tuning but I do know this. A good tuner like Steve will get your car within 95-98% of best possible results with a handheld vs. what he would get on a dyno.

The dyno is basically a stationary street, where a tuner can see what is going on. With the SCTX4, the tuner needs data because that is the only way they can see what is going on after adjustments are made. It just takes some patience and realization that without data, he can't improve what the car is doing.

When this pollen subsides, I need to bring the Rupes up to your house and get that metal flake popping in your paint!

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote