View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 05:57 PM   #13
Shodown

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
Looks great!! Really upgrades our interiors.
Thanks, I at least wanted to do something about the gawdy gold bow tie that doesn't fit in on the airbag. It was driving me crazy lol. I redid all the bowties with either CF or removed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
i used https://scgarageworks.com/product/20...teering-wheel/
they did a awesome job....took about 4 months, but this was in the prime startup of covid. they can form it or design it however you want. i called them and designed it that way.
Yup, that's where I got mine too. Great dudes to work with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
I really like these CF steering wheels and would like to bring some CF inside to match the exterior hood insert.

My son is telling me no - CF on the inside of a 2013 muscle car is a no-no. He is of the opinion that it just doesn’t match the essence of a muscle car and is too JDM. I disagree but he’s planted seeds of doubt!
Different strokes. As you said it comes with CF from the factory so what's the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
I think in the steering wheel subtlety isn’t a bad look. Top and bottom half and then rest wrapped in alcantera is a nice touch. Then it keeps from having to clean the alcantera so much. Seeing how your hands are usually on top or bottom of the steering wheel when driving. I like the above pic minus the red line.
From SoCal Garage Works you can get it with a different color stripe or no stripe at all. Totally up to you. I like the small red accents and it matches my shift knob which is also CF.
2014 ZL1 M6: Roto Fab Intake, LS3 TB, Long Tube Headers, NPP, Mild 2 Wild, JMS BAP, SMG aux pump, ID 1050X Injectors, DSX Flex Fuel Sensor, 10.5" DSX Lower Pulley, Killer Chiller, Tuned by Ted at JRE, Pedders XA Extreme coilovers, Mickey Thompson Street S/S on Weld S71s
Shodown is offline   Reply With Quote