View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #39
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I actually like the 1LE suspension at COTA. The biggest game changers for me were the solid cradle bushings and TrueTrac. I am also using the Gen6 spec Goodyear F1 Supercar G3s and really like them. The G3Rs from the ZL1 1LE would be better. Previously I was on Michelin PS4s on 19x11/19x10fr and just melted them - different, better car on the GYs in stock 1LE 20", though 19x11s up front clearly work for the ZL1 1LE and z28.

Before the bushing change I was having a tough time keeping my foot down through 16-17-18. The bump at 18 got me sideways a couple of times with the bouncy stock bushings. The stock clutch diff locking (I think) mid corner was unsettling as well.
Interesting, thank you for real world feedback! I've actually been thinking about going back to my stock 1LE suspension as a reset. If I can get some good camber out of it (camber plates if necessary) it will certainly be better than I will ever be as a driver haha. When I went to the Ridetechs, the handling was remarkably improved - but I think most of that was thanks to the aggressive "street" / mild track alignment. -2 in the front (and the other changes I forget because I lost the alignment sheet ) made a remarkable difference.

I'll leave the RT's in for now, if I can't get the front to rear oscillations under control then I'll put either the 1LE back in, or I'll put the Z/28 stuff in - both I know should have the front to rear balance sorted well enough. At the fun but bumpy H2R it was pretty bad with pogo. I don't really care about ride height adjustability per se, but I do hate excessive wheel gap, it just doesn't look right on a performance car.

Great feedback about the truetrack and the bushings. My car is in the shop right now for exactly that - truetrack + LPW cover (why not since the cover is off...) + pegasus cradle bushings.

The G3Rs are at the top of my list right now, considering my old standby NT01r also because they last forever and are consistent. RE71R is on the list as a good competitor and probably last a bit longer than the G3R (forget about TW numbers), finally on the cheaper slower end - the Hankook RS4. Kinda like the idea of going with GY since the 1LE originally came with the G:2, which I really liked, and the G3R is on the ZL1 1LE as you point out.
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote