View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #969
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I'd have expected more MPH. Are you taking it easy during shifts to keep from putting it into the wall or something?
I did also, however I think there are a few factors at work here. first, I can't at all get out of the hole. It hopped so bad the first run I had to completely get out of it to stop it and then go wot again. The second run I left softer, but the car bogged and lugged badly and the 60 actually got worse. second I still have the factory h pipe and the axleback is 2.5" and it's causing a bad restricion on the top end, right where this cam shines. The power curve starts flattning out in the higher rpms and starts losing power around 6300 rpm, and this top end charge is where I should be picking up MPH so 3" has to happen.And lastly I have to shift into fourth right before crossing the line and that doesn't help trap.

But most importantly there was a horrific amount of dust and dirt on and around the track from all the construction at prp,so that surely slowed me down considerably.

2012 ZL1 (sold)
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote