View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #101
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post

"Customer states that the Active Fuel Management is not disengaging when in sports or tap shift mode. Call TAC Case 975558370 Operating As Designed - AFM Disengages only on 2010 normal operation."

So per Jeff's suggestion (PM'd), I called and opened a case with GM. Case 71-975740962. After explaining my situation, the person I talked with put me on hold for about 10 minutes while he called my dealership and talked with my service advisor. When he came back, he said that they were told that it was working as designed, and nothing would be done about it, but the engineering team would get a copy of the complaint for possible future design decisions.

I guess GM is just willing to let a bunch of unhappy customers spread the word.

What does this "AFM Disengages only on 2010 normal operation." mean? AFM should be OFF in S/M modes? Do I need to open another case with my dealer?

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote