View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #285
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
Maybe that's all you care to see (selective memory)... but I recall a ton of praise when the 5th gen was announced and finally released. I'm sure you could pick a few odd-ball comments to fit your remark, but those were few and far between; and most likely from Mustang owners. Many new models and even refreshes do get high praise; that's a fact.

Feel free to compare the comments made about the initial release of the 5th gen compared to the '14 refresh of the 5th gen. Some of the highest praise for an automobile that I've ever heard, was about the 5th gen.

GM's not going to get it right all the time, and I'd be willing to bet that the post-refresh (2014+) won't sell as well as the pre-refresh (2010-2013). Guess what... Ford knew they screwed up when they initially refreshed the Mustang, that's why they did another quick refresh to fix what was wrong.
Speaking of selective memory, you're comparing the release of an entirely new car, after a multiple year haitus, to a mild facelift... one of that same car I might ad! Not to mention the fact that at the time of the 5th gen initial release, NO ONE had one, so they couldn't say "It sucks, I like mine better" like they can now. If the 2014 refreshed version was the initial version released in 2010 it would have received just as much praise as the original 5th gen version did. I highly doubt people would have been crying to put quad rectangular taillights in it with chrome bezels if the '14 lights were part of the original release of the 2010.