Old 03-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #6426
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
SATURDAY, MARCH 15th EVENT

CAMARO5 EP/LC NEED FOR SPEED OUTING
TINSELTOWN USA THEATERS

-SATURDAY, MARCH 15th, 2014-

How many of you out there have watched those old B movie productions of Vanishing Point, Bullitt, Gone in 60 Seconds (not the Angelina Jolie version) and said "WOW, that was one hell of a car chase movie, but one horrible film at the same time!" I myself have done said that many of times but always tend to go back and re watch them over and over again because of how bad they are but frankly on how much fun i have in just watching those car chase scenes of Steve McQueen, H.B. Halicki, and Barry Newman running from the cops and causing mass destruction with raw power and speed of their brute muscle machines. I wish that I could have been there in the early 70's back when muscle car madness hit its peak to be able to watch these movies at the theater or drive in and just have a good old laugh and awe with my car buds and woman right next beside me.

Well folks every now and then a movie of such caliber tends to arise, and I am not talking about the Fast & Furious franchise cause those movies are actually pretty awesome all around in my opinion, besides Tokyo Drift...yyyyyyyeah. Anyways, on March 14th, a movie based on a popular video game franchise called "Need For Speed" will be released and looks every bit of in celebration of the movies that our oil blooded fathers used to watch back in the day in their 69 Camaros, 71 Machs, and 72 MOPARs will be released and has the high octane rush of Bugattis, Koenigseggs, Lamborghinis and McLarens just to name a few but the script of what would have been written in a many of "Okay now that we have these cars, how are we gonna make a movie about them?"

TRAILER FOR NEED FOR SPEED

THE CARS OF NEED FOR SPEED

VIDEOGAME ON WHAT THE MOVIE IS BASED UPON

So I say lets have a movie day where we go and watch Need For Speed on March 15th in El Paso and live and enjoy in on the fun and ridiculousness that we weren't able to enjoy back in the 70's, cruise around to show everyone that there is a Camaro presence in the area, then go out to grab some food at one of the nearby establishments nearby.

What do you guys and gals say, eh? For those that may be new to the Camaro5 Community, take a look at the provided link to see our last event that took place in January out at Las Cruces, NM. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339424

We can meet up at Trans Mountain at 3:45pm and all drive down South to Tinseltown USA on the Eastside of El Paso for the 4:50 showing. At that time we can all decide on where we would like to eat so we can call at least 2 hours in advance to reserve a table once we have our head count.

Members attending:
char1ieone (LC)
garfield1969 (EP)
Viper1Cobra (EP)
rrubio (EP)

Last edited by Char1ieone; 03-13-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote