View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Some will ask, "But, why so long until we see the new car?"

To them, I say: we needed to do it right. We're starting with a clean sheet of paper. Unlike others, we're NOT going to take a hallowed brand and stick it on an existing architecture which does not deserve the name and, please--I'm not saying bad things about OUR other architectures. I'm just saying that each architecture serves a purpose and we don't want to compromise the Camaro in any way by using an architecture that's not a perfect match.
Am I wrong or isn't the zeta platform being brought in from Australia where they have already got at least one car up an running with it? I understand that it will take some time to fully detail exactly the engineering of the Camaro since it is all new, but it was my understanding that the hardest part was already done in australia. Can someone clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Yes, the wait may be longer than usual. Just be assured that, like all of you reading this, we have very high expectations for our Camaro and it will be worth the wait.
This is actually some of the best news outside of the announcement itself that they are bringing back the Camaro. In the past it has always seemed to me that there is always a rush to get a product out the door and on the sales floor thus compromising the overall look of a car. I felt that in previous years all GM cars and trucks had a very similar and bland look on the inside which I am sure can be attributed to fast and efficient production. I have definitely notices ofer the past 2 years that GM is really starting to veer from this and are starting to make UNIQUE cars and trucks that stand apart for one another. Now when you hop into the seat of a 2007 Avalanche then hop into the seat of an Impala you do not feel like you are staring at the same interior. All I can say is Thank You GM for bringing back the Camaro and even more so, thank you for putting time and effort into makeing it the best Camaro yet.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote