View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
PoleCat2SSRS2010
R6P Marketing Lab Rat

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
they all offer good systems. you lookin to go dry shot, wet shot, or direct port?
I prefer direct port since it tends to be less of a harder hit and has better distribution.
I have seen some well designed plate systems but still have the regular questions. The plate systems are a faster install and would be ok as long as the distribution is even for all the cylinders (which happens to be the main advantage and my preference for the direct port).
And then there is all the supporting cast, fuel system, timing, ignition upgrade..sometimes these are the overlooked details. NX and NOS seem to have some great accessories for this but looking at it all seems like overload. My objective hopefully is to break it all down to what works best and go from there. With all respect this will be on the stock engine so I plan to start off easy on it. For this adder for me safety and reliability has no money limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codefive View Post
Only if you dont know what you're doing. A very common misconception this is. Nitrous, when used properly, is a very reliable, repeatable power adder and when tuned properly will not hurt the engine if used in moderation. Damage only occurs when someone gets either greedy or lazy or both. I've been a nitrous junky for decades now and rarely had any problems on dozens of different combos. Again, the only time I hurt anything is when I got greedy like going to a final round for all the money.

Sure, if you hit it hard and often, it will shorten the life of pistons and bearings but not when used in moderation and tuned correctly.
Thank you for the support Codefive. I couldn't agree more. I would like to add that I have already confessed to being "uneducated" about the EFI but the wise individual seeks knowledge and clarity from the experienced to become educated.
My past experience with nitrous has all been really good with carb set ups and that is because just like you advise, I was careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
How much does everyone plan on spraying?
Given that the stock factory engine has hyperuetectics, the common theme is not to go more than 150-175. This is due to the force and heat produced on the piston and in the chamber.
Now if I were planning a build say with forged and ARP head studs, custom rods, a steel crank and the LSX block.....THE WORLD WILL BE MINE! Ha ha ha ha ha ha........at least that's the general idea anyway.