View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #2
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Hey everyone!!! Well i just want to know if u guys have any imput on how i can remove the front radius rod and the Lower control arm bushings BMR BK022. Im almost done with completing all my suspension and cant wait to drive it but i cant figure an easy way to remove those bushings. I tryed to use a tool i made up just like the one that PFADT makes but in a bigger scale so that it works for these bushings and its not working. I really wouldnt like to go the same route i had to go when i removed my differential bushings (Its a major painand time consuming). Use a hole saw to cut out the center and then a sawzall to cut the metal sleave and then a chisel and hammer to take the sleave out. Im sure a press would work but i dont know anyone or anyplace that has one!! Any ideas on how i can do this? For those of you who did this already... how did u guys take out those bushings!!! THANKS!!!
I had a special press tool made to remove the bushings from the radius rod and it makes the job easy. I have a set of 8K mile arms here with the bushings pressed out already as well as a new set; how many miles do you have on your arms? I don't have any spare front lower c-arms laying around at the moment however.. Where are you located?

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions. Good luck!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote