View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind -or; A Funny Thing Happened On the Way to Sturgis

I just got home from the Camaro Rally in Sturgis the other day, and I finally got a chance to go through the couple thousand pictures I took.
This one struck me as kind of odd:

Name:  IMG_8224.jpg
Views: 1431
Size:  173.3 KB

If you look just to the right of Devils Tower, you'll see a little blurry speck.

This is what that speck looks like enlarged:

Name:  Enlarged 01.jpg
Views: 1367
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  Enlarged 02.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  40.8 KB

Okay. I've seen these kinds of pictures all over the internet. It's always an innocent photo of a family picnic or outdoor scenery that apparently reveals a UFO in the background that nobody happened to notice when the picture was taken. I sure don't remember any flying saucer when I took the picture. (I know, it's all because of their neuralyzer ray, right?) I don't believe in ET. I know those web pictures purporting to be UFOs are either photoshopped, or it's a bird blurred by the shutter. Well, I can honestly state that my photoshop skills are the electronic equivalent of a stick figure. So I'm guessing it's the one remaining insect in Wyoming that didn't die horrifically on my front bumper. (At least until after the picture was taken.) I just couldn't help but be struck by the irony, that the one time I take a "UFO" picture, it's at Devil's Tower, WY of all places. As far as I know, not a hot-spot of UFO activity, but the fictional setting for one of the biggest Hollywood movies about extraterrestrials.

Make what you want of it. I just put it out there because it was fun!

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote