View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #48
ac223mal

Drives: car
Phoenix328:
Yeah dude you are over reacting and Im glad you came here to vent instead of ripping in to your dad. But he is your dad and he knows what was going on in your head! So he knows you were pissed. You need to take him back out ASAP and let him have another run at it. This time you need to relax and understand he's not gonna jack up you car. You relax and he'll relax and it'll be a better experience.

My dad is the reason I have the car bug, the reason I am what I am today, and I am very thankful for him. We have to agree to disagree sometimes, but I have never been mad at him (at least not since I over being a rebellious teen 16 yrs ago).

My wife never really got the hang of driving a stick shift (easy guys), as a teen and has never had a manual vehicle. Guess what she is learning to drive right now....

Yep you guessed it, my brand new 2010 2SS/RS! Im the one pushing her to go out and drive it. She has done great, so far just parking lots, and no real traffic, but she picked it up quick. I would not have this car, if it wasn't for her. She knew I wanted it, she made the sacrafices for me to get it, so yeah she's gonna get to drive it. That's what I got a warranty for.

Now, I have a good friend that owns a challenger and he's debating a camaro. He doesn't know how to drive a stick. He wants to practice on my car, to see if he really wants one. Yeah, uh the answer is no! He get's offended and keeps on and on asking about it...are you kidding me! I thought there were things that were just off limits, things you just don't ask. I would never had asked to drive my friends pride and joy...never! If I wanted to I would have taken one for a test drive, but not my friends.

So anyways back to the point, lighten up, let your old man drive your car, relax, and enjoy the hell out of having some quailty father and son time!
ac223mal is offline   Reply With Quote