Thread: Deer
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:13 AM   #9
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeR View Post
OUCH! I grew up near you in Dryden. Everyone in my family, including myself has hit a deer up there at least once.
That’s where I was!!! This was on Rochester Rd. 6 miles south of Dryden Rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
Every time I saw someone hit a deer, lots of blood and fur. And most times into the windshield. I know it sucks, but I think you were pretty lucky. I did not look real close at the pictures but looks like the hood might be ok.
Hood is bent too. Not much but there’s a small crease on the front edge. I know what you mean. Airbags and windshield are fine so it could have been a lot worse than what it was. The AC refrigerant leaked out so there is some damage to the condenser area but I think it’s mostly cosmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunedon View Post
This was my 2011 Charger after meeting a deer 2 minutes from my house ... Less than a year old.

$11k in damages ... Replaced with all OEM parts, good as new ... Never going to complain about paying insurance premiums again. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
Wow, that’s a lot of damage for a deer!! Yeah, can’t say anything about the premiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post

It was almost worth it just to see this gif!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liralen View Post
Then about 5 months later the shingles on our roof flew off in a windstorm where the gusts were about 85 MPH, and the car was in the driveway. That time it needed new windshield, new stripes all around, and a new paint job all around, that cost around $15K, same insurance adjustor...and his comment was "we just fixed this car!"
WOW!! That’s heartbreaking!!! I’m fine, thanks for asking, I was only going around 40mph. Same thing in Michigan with no fault as long as you don’t swerve. I trust the dealership so I’m really not too concerned. It’s kind of a downer but it could have been much, much worse.