View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #25988
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Well fellows, it's been real. On Aug 1 my company decided to restructure eliminating 47 of 93 jobs. Almost whole engineering and R&D staff was eliminated, just focusing on production support. On a positive note, I got almost 2 years severance plus 7 months health care.
Last month I accepted a position with Garmin, Inc. at their Cary, NC office and start Nov 4. I't's been a whirlwind what with selling our house, finding a place there, realtors, movers, and everything associated. Luckily they are relocating us including shipping the ZL1 and my Terrain. Our plan has been to move south and this is just too good of an opportunity to pass up. However, gonna miss you guys but maybe we'll be able to catch up at a major Camaro event sometime. I'll check in from time to time. Take care and keep UpstateC5 rolling.

PS: If anyone wants to take over dealing with the track for runs and such, you can contact:

Becky Mitchell | Group Sales Manager | Watkins Glen International

2790 County Rt 16 | Watkins Glen, NY 14891

p: (607) 535-3363| c: (607) 215-5793| f: (607) 535-8918

rsmitchell@theglen.com
Dang man, that's a bummer. It sounds like a great opportunity for you and your family - definitely can't blame ya there! Upstate C5 will never be the same, but we will press on.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote