View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #1831
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I have made 149 passes, following the help and guidance from scrming. when on street tires I was leaving at 1000 rpms. Anything higher I was spinning. Did those with nannies on. Any time I had them off I would spin for sure. But traction is limited at our track. When I have run my new (used) drag radials, I have the nannies off and have tried different RPM's to leave on. I wll be going to the track again in the fall and testing some more on what to try for launching at. My best 60' recently was a 1.936

Same here Mike (as far as launching I only have like 50 passes under my belt). In Indy I was messing around with my launch RPMs during the open racing Saturday afternoon and even with the amazing track prep my best 60ft' on my street tires was without doing a burnout, leaving everything on and launching at idle. I played around with launch RPMS and would spin the higher I launched at. I'll have to mess around with it again once I get my trailing arms installed but the local track is not prepped well.