View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #3608
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
The highly tuned/modified Autocross cars run 3 to 3.5 degrees neg camber on all 4 tires for maximum cornering grip. I have been setting my car up to be competitive for autocross.

I can get all of the other adjustments I need for the suspension with the exception of max negative camber (as related to a properly setup autocross suspension).

The Pfadt camber plates in conjunction with the stock camber adjustment will give me the settings I require in the front..

I would like to be able to get more neg. camber in the rear. Got any suggestions Pete?
The other cars running autocross with anything like your RWHP, would usually be all wheel drive. With -3 in the rear, unless you run in 5th gear , you will not be able to put any power down. The same is true up front for optimal traction. Our testing indicates that anything above -2.5 begins to lose grip in a turn and not increase it. This is due to the way the GM version of the MacStrut functions. As you put load on it the negative camber grows -- significantly.

What tires are you running for autocross?
What are your wheel offsets?
What are your current alignment specs?

If some of this is confidential competitive information send it by PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote