View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #48
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Borla headers don't work with high-flow cats? Interesting. I didn't realize that.
Sure they do. But you won't be putting cut-outs right there if you use them. THe high flow cats would be right there where you had the cut-outs. You'd have to move the cut-outs back further.

Look at the pics. You can see how much further the Borla collectors are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Who said anything about welding? you have exhaust clamps do you not? the way I'm describing would be completely clamped on for easy removability on your part if need be. if you wanted to get it welded up later down the road... go for it.
Ther is no section on my exhaust that has room for a 'Y' diverter. Even the guy at the muffler shop said that. Literally there is no 10" section of that exhaust that doesn't bend. :(

Quote:
Man, I'm telling you...just swing by the house this weekend.
Going to get paint this weekend in J-Ville. LOL
Quote:
so cut off more from the headers...
REALLY don't want to cut my headers. But we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
You don't have a bolt up flange that you have to worry about right? so just trim till it fits. just stay away from the o2 sensor. and like I said in the other thread (I should merge these two at this point), if need be, cut another section out of the straight pipe in the driveshaft tunnel and scoot the whole system back another inch or so to give you extra room.
As the system rises and falls in the center could become a pain to cut out sections. I'll have to look at it.