View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
ARH Headers + Corsa Catback vs. ARH Full Header-back Exhaust

Okay, sorry this might be long, but

My L99 already has ARH headers, high-flow cats, X-pipe, and Magnaflow 2.5" competition Series Axle-back exhaust (no muffler, straight pipes)

i like the sound, but of course the wife doesn't.

I like my exhaust loud, but the wifey wants it quiet when we're just cruising.

i'm not one of those "drone is the devil" freaks and the only time i can hear my exhaust is when the windows are down and the radio is off while i'm cruising or when i'm accelerating.

the only thing i am not satisfied with my current setup is the way the 2 aftermarket systems fit together. it is not one flush piece, there is 6 inches of the original stock pipes connecting the passenger side, the driver side had to be cut some then welded together and looks like crap. i had trouble with leaks in this section of the pipe, but i have fixed that.

i've done some research and here is what i'm trying to decide between:

Option 1: ARH Headers, cats, & Corsa Cat-back exhaust
i'll keep my headers on the car, and see if ARH will exchange my cats and x-pipe sections for their "short kit" where they will send me their cats that fit up to the stock or any aftermarket exhaust. then i will buy the Corsa LS3 cat-back exhaust to fit up to my ARH headers and cats. i have AFM deleted, that is why i will buy the LS3 cat-back.
it will be one flush 2.5" system with "no drone" and will be super loud when i want it to be.
Dislikes:
it is more expensive. $1200 for the exhaust plus shipping the exchanged ARH parts.

Option 2: ARH full header-back kit
i'll keep my headers, cats and x-pipe on the car and just purchase the exhaust section from ARH.
it's cheaper (about $875-900), and it is guaranteed to fit up together as one flush piece.
Dislikes:
i'm not a fan of the exhaust tips; they are too short. also, i cannot find any info on their mufflers and how they are designed. i want a muffler that is designed for no drone with headers.

So, if anyone could help me out hear if they no more info on the ARH mufflers. also, if you have one of these 2 exhaust setups please chime in and give me your opinion.

i don't mind those that have different headers with the Corsa LS3 catback to chime in as well since the mufflers are the main thing that change exhaust tone. but please do not try and convince me to go with a different exhaust. i have looked at all of them and compared, and these are the 2 i am deciding between.

i appreciate your help!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011

Last edited by RedJewel2SS; 06-17-2010 at 11:01 AM.
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote