View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 08:53 AM   #31
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
In all seriousness its about knowing what your doing and having been a long time hotrodder; the Camaro needs suspension mods to handle 500 ft lbs, and apply it too suddenly and you have to worry about the axles. The Hellcat was never made with streetability in mind it was to totally overwhelm the tires and burning out on its skinny tires is easy as it should be and could be even with lower power settings, their 500 hp setting is more appropriate but its flywheel so with that amount of power truly to the rears I would have no problem dispensing with the hellcat and have before.

The amount of power given is for tracks basically, I can burn rubber in every gear in Camaro practically and never stomp the pedal unless I feel like spinning the tires, usually I just give it a little extra gas to make the rear end fish tail as a warning to butt heads to back the F off. That's with all Tc /nannies on, with torque management mostly removed the rear will walk just as any good RWD high power car even with better suspension on dry hot asphalt.

There is of course too much power when you go far above what you car can handle and it in the driver, Dodge has always in the past not cared about weight much or size and been stupid about power and so there you go....they also don't care if you wrap it around a tree the second you get it off the lot!!! And I have heard and seen some awesome flying bricks trashed ASAP and it even happens to zl1s.....

SO turn up the Hellcat and get 2 mpg with all that boost and drive it to the nearest gas station as a stock racecar....then turn around and head anywhere near a gas station, that's the deal. I am sure the new zl1 spanks the hellcat with weight being a big deal and top end HP numbers not so much meaning anything except how hard its working making torque to move the brick.... Cornering its a whole different world and the hellcat was made for street corners not particularly anything on the cornering even making a special widebody edition which is nice but still how do you make a 4500 lb brick fly ; put a ton of power to it..and you better be able to hook or.... you loose; you spin and drag radials well many guys go through a lot of sets just to race a season.

The Hellcat a collectors item like the land barge general lee or etc I drove in them as teen all over and they are a flying barge..... SO its fun and it can handle better than old school yup, but to need that much power; its only for the track or for rolling along at high speed and that freeway pass with out cops. EGO.......