View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #40
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Very sad to hear this about the vert...

I know it will have its day...it'll just take time.

Now...I don't think I'll ever buy a foreign car again. Obviously, there is just too much at stake. It seems we keep pouring our money OUT of the country rather than trying to keep it IN....and in sooooo many more ways than by just buying an american made vehicle.

I WANT to help GM. I WANT to see GM succeed. Shoot...I want the BIG THREE to succeed. I'm going to do my part by buying the 2SS/RS in less than half a year. Just keep my baby coming GM and I'll gladly take her home.

Meanwhile....I'll keep spreading the word. I now have 2 Sergeants and another patrol officer interested....along w/ the others and the list is growing.

Spread the word, folks. If you know anyone looking to buy a car, HELP THEM HELP US. We need to be self sufficient!!! This is only ONE part of being self sufficient. Help your friend buy a new car from one of the big 3...and preferably from GM!!!

+100

I have a bunch of guys at work feeling somewhat like they have betrayed their country now because I have been ridiculing on them for buying foreign. One guy (drives a BMW) is a Mopar man at heart. I asked him if he had seen the new Challenger yet and he said no. I took him to a Dodge dealership one day last week and now he has the fever for a Chally -- REAL BAD.

Everyone needs to start conversations about this and make sure that people understand that the big 3 are not like they were in the 80's. Have some researched facts ready in case it turns into a debate. You will find that most of those that have left the U.S. auto industry still have a favorite out of the big 3. Try to persuade them into taking a look at their favorite. If they don't have a favorite, try to persuade them into looking at a new GM.

On the other side of the coin, I sure hope the big 3 are actively working on mainstreaming the companies. It would be interesting to see what kind of bonuses the execs rape out of the companies this year and next.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote