View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #35
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8wick3d View Post
I decided against going to the track last night, I have some parts coming in that I hope will help me nail this launch down. I have the lingenfelter clutch return spring now and it feels great! I wont have my clutch stick to the floor so that will help. Also it feels much nicer in general compared to stock. Also have the lingenfelter Ctap with the harness to tie into the clutch signal wire. This will go to my 2 msd 2 step. Last thing thats coming in is the JDP clutch reservoir. With all this installed by next weekend I hope to be ripping atleast 1.8 60fts.
Did you remove the stock "over-center" spring from the clutch? I have mine out - what a nice difference to not have that spring pushing you out of the friction zone all of a sudden as you're releasing the clutch.

I could bring myself to spend $80 on the Lingenfelter return spring - I went to Lowes and picked up a $2.30 generic spring, and it's working just fine. It doesn't pull much, and I don't expect it too, just enough to make sure the pedal travels 100% of the way up to open up the transfer port in the master cylinder. I've never had the pedal stick to the floor - just keep the fluid clean and don't over-heat it too bad, and it should be fine.

Hope to see you nail down some 1.8s or better. I just picked up some 18x11 ZL1 replicas with 305/45/18 NT05Rs on Saturday - hoping that'll swing me down into the 1.7 territory if I can drive the thing. Send prayers for the axles!
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote