View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #36
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Did you remove the stock "over-center" spring from the clutch? I have mine out - what a nice difference to not have that spring pushing you out of the friction zone all of a sudden as you're releasing the clutch.

I could bring myself to spend $80 on the Lingenfelter return spring - I went to Lowes and picked up a $2.30 generic spring, and it's working just fine. It doesn't pull much, and I don't expect it too, just enough to make sure the pedal travels 100% of the way up to open up the transfer port in the master cylinder. I've never had the pedal stick to the floor - just keep the fluid clean and don't over-heat it too bad, and it should be fine.

Hope to see you nail down some 1.8s or better. I just picked up some 18x11 ZL1 replicas with 305/45/18 NT05Rs on Saturday - hoping that'll swing me down into the 1.7 territory if I can drive the thing. Send prayers for the axles!
yo..can't remember if u have dunn anythin to ur rear susp...uv'e heard me ad'nauseum about T/A's and either cradle bush inserts or alum....with those tires every component is gonna get stressed to the max....'bfast made it quite awhile on his stock SS's...

I recently saw where the IRS likes to toe in on hit....thinkin 'bout sum BMR lower control arms now...sheesh...more $$$$

sorry for the jack OP....peace