Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #772
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I don't know that much about differentials, but I thought they weren't that far off in price.
yea.. no one at lingenfelter wanted to give me a free one... couldnt believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Out of curiosity, how does a 9" or 12bolt stop the vehicle from squatting down, with lowered springs installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It doesn't. The differential in an IRS remains in the same position while the half shafts move in relation to control arm articulation. There is some motion in the differential to the extent the bushings allow, but theoretically the differential doesn't move.

Spring and damping rate control squat in an IRS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
So, if I'm understanding the response correctly. The problem may still be apparent with a 9" system unless the vehicle is put back to the original stock stance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If we are talking about half-shaft angle and heat OE ride height or high temp lube are the solutions. With increased RWHP, better brakes and better tires compared to OE I would still opt for repacking OEM shafts with high temp lube even at OE ride height. With aftermarket shafts I would contact the MFG and verify what lube is in my shafts and repack if necessary.
right... from what I understood from Frank... the issue would still be there, but there parts are more tolerant to the issue because of the beefiness of all the part... I think.

i just dont know why some of have this and others not. I only have a 1 inch drop... what about those with a 1.5- 2 inch drop... i would think that would almost instantaneously rip the boots.

or maybe the hp level has something to do with it too. haha.
But Russ had no issues when he was on the stock rear end with high HP... so I am still all

I know when I do get a new rear end.. from whoever... i will ask them to pre-pack it with a synthetic grease.

Also I think Frank mentioned that they now do a more secure banding than when they first started... i may have an earlier set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post

Completely disagree with most everything in this post...I'll just leave it at that.
which part do you disagree with? Mix-matching vendors?