Thread: Foam guns
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I've tried many of the soaps at Wal Mart and the auto chains. They generally lack lubricity. The one that made the most suds that I tried was Duragloss 901. It has decent lubricity, but I've used better.

This can be found at the online detailing sites (Autogeek, Autopia, Detailed Image) cheaper when bought on one of the 25% off/free shipping sales.

It's sold as Duragloss 902 in the gallon size, and is the best deal.
Expect to have suds still in your driveway, or nearest drain, the next day after you wash your car.

I look for 3 things when rating a soap.

1) Lubricity
When wiping your car with a soap, you need high lubricity to reduce potential marring. The soap that has the highest lubricity I've used is Lusso Auto Bathe, but the price is ridiculous.

2) Cleaning Power
How well does a soap clean? Use it on your wheels to find out. If it can clean them, it will have no problem with your paint. For a non ph neutral soap, Carpro Reset, for a ph neutral soap, Ultima paint guard wash. Both of these soaps can/will dry your skin out, so wear nitrile gloves.

3) Clean Rinsing
Some soaps are difficult to rinse off, and some leave residue behind if they happen to dry in spots on the car.
Adams Car Shampoo is easily the best clean rinsing soap on the market, you can let it completely dry, and as long as the car isn't left in direct sunlight, it will still rinse off with ease.
Don't know what they put in it to make it do this? Unicorn tears?

Foam/suds look cool, but really serve no purpose when washing. Just add a couple ounces of Optimum No Rinse to any soap, and the foam will be greatly reduced, while the lubricity will be kicked up double.

Optimum Car Wash is what I use. It performs very well in all 3 of the things I look for in a soap, and when on sale, I get it for $22.50/gallon shipped free. Hard to beat for a really high quality soap.

One other thing to add is the wash mitt/pad. Microfiber Madness Incredimitt/Incredipad. These are super safe on your paint and extremely durable. I got 300 uses from my first one before it needed replacing.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 04-08-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote