View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #130
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
All -- we're exceedingly happy with your responses to the picture of the white car.......just great to see the excitement and passion you have for the new Camaro. (and we live for this!)

For those of you in Michigan and Arizona -- and hey -- other states as well -- keep your eyes open -- cammo is officially off......and as Ed Peper says -- we hope you'll take pictures (hopefully good ones....) and post 'em!

Oh -- and Bowtie Guy -- careful of those 'Camarogasms' when you're driving!

(shared your comment with the group -- everyone cracked up for quite some time!)
Darn it Scott, I'm out of virgins to send. I do live in LA after all...they're hard to come by out here.

So with that new higher res picture, we can confirm that at least the prototype has a glass panel in the roof of some sort, cowl induction, and some sort of vents in front of the rear wheels. Me likey so far.

I was shocked to see the sunroof at first, but then I realized that they pretty much have to design two sets of roofs and headliners for any car with a sunroof option, so I guess it wasn't too much harder to design both a reverse 'hawk and a flat roof with a glass panel. I agree, that sure makes for a difficult decision for a lot of people, but I know that I will definitely order a sunroof if it is offered. And one should be, since the Challenger offers one and a glass-roofed Mustang variant is planned.

For gas caps, I have honestly never noticed any extra effort having to go around to the passenger side to fill up. I'm one of those very rare un-Americans who thinks nothing of walking a couple extra feet. I take the stairs to my cube every day, as I work on the second floor (first floor for our friends across the pond), yet all of my coworkers take the elevator. As far as sitting in the car and pumping a few extra gallons in after it shuts off, both are no-nos. Sitting in the car supposedly increases static electricity build-up, and while I'm sure the threat is exaggerated, you're still technically not supposed to do that. Topping off is a real thing to never do though. The cut-off point is set for a reason, and pumping in more after it shuts itself off just floods the charcoal canister and will likely lead to costly repairs down the line. Really, you should never do that. Getting an extra 2 tenths of a gallon in the tank is just not worth it. And with people causing problems when you pull in head-to-head....WOW. I live in LA, land of the incompetent and self-centered driver, and I have never had anyone cause a problem like that. That is just unbelievable that would happen.

You want a difficult gas filler? My 1970 Olds has the filler behind the rear license plate (it folds down to expose the cap), and it won't hold the nozzle in place by itself, so I have to kneel behind the car physically holding the nozzle in while it fills up. It has a 20 gallon tank too. Now that is an annoying fuel filler.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote