View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
philthy- Sounds like they only touched up the paint blemish. Did the body shop guy give you an explanation on why the problem wouldn't re-occur since no parts were replaced?

In line with Markmass's question- touch up paint can look flawless-but that is not the worry. If you are "Touching Up" the paint, it means you did NOT replace the defective parts that caused the problem in the first place?
Yes, they touched up....did not replace the panel. They did mention shimming the joint slightly so the fender and fascia would not rub. They were not sure if it was caused by too tight of a joint, or due to the factory smacking the upper lip of fascia against the lower lip of fender when assembling the car.

The part was not defective...two parts rubbed together and the paint wrinkled a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
I find myself looking at all kinds of makes and models for this. A lot of cars have this type of assembly with a plastic front section, then sheet metal middle or whatever. I did actually see some other makes with some paint problems at the joint. For the most part I have looked at several now, it was a couple that seemed to have rust forming, but they were older. I will be watching mine like a hawk!
No rust possible...the fascia is plastic.
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote