View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Hey Radz, thanks!
I'm pretty certain in will be the same as CTS-V. In the recent videos when the Z28 was following the CTS, they both sounded identical. So, we can find out about CTS-V, we know about the Z. But I hope it's more than 2.5 diameter. and better flow CATS.
Maybe I just haven't heard good enough videos of CTS-Vs, but I thought Z28 was louder; it was certainly popping a lot off the throttle. Regardless, like Elie says below, I know V's exhaust is pretty quiet, much from what I've read in reviews and comparisons. That's why I'm thinking we're getting less restriction, louder, and free-er-flowing exhaust. I don't have any proof, but do hope we get a better cat' design

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
The CTS-V exhaust is actually pretty quiet - especially given the power level of the car.
I just can't imagine that the Z/28 would have the same exhaust setup as the SS. I'm sure it would be noticeably louder...

Best regards,

Elie
I know that if it is a dual-mode, and controllable much like the 'Vette versions, and is close to 3-inches, I'll be saving a little money on a CB or even a AB. It doesn't sound great to me, but it's certainly better that stock, and if there's a power gain to be had, that will be my biggest motivator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
It should also be one of the areas where they save weight over the SS. The SS cans are heavy and huge.
I think I remember Pedders saying they helped with air flow, too, hence their shape; I don't recall for sure though Regardless - I'm happy with most any way reasonable for GM to control the weight and minimize it

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote