View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #24
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Baraka View Post
On the whole, a ported and radius rodded LS3 intake may be a better choice.

Understand.....500 peak hp is a nice goal, but certain mods that'll get you there may not be best suited to your needs.

LOD intakes trade out low RPM torque for high RPM HP. So unless you're only concerned with engine performance ABOVE 4500 RPMs......you might want to pass on the LOD.

Exactly!

With the cam specs you posted, you'll to bump up your compression ratio to about 11.3:1.....

Have your heads milled, and mate them with head gaskets with a .040" compressed thickness.

If you have headers in your budget, some 1 7/8" long-tubes would be a good way to go.

And then finish it all out with a good tune!!

KW
Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You should just go with the GPI max package and call it a day with a good converter IMO.... Milling heads increase the lack of PTV clearance for a big cam, and basically reduces the life especially of aluminum heads should they need a shave in the future from pitting...…….. SO milling may just shoot yourself in the foot for little gain as the small amount of gain from increased compression will net you not much. Now the loss due to being a automatic can be helped some with the right converter and you have to ask about that from a competent shop; IE: 20% loss automatic 15% Manual.....

I did my first build using a TSP cam on my 13 with a 235/239 cam and .639/.623 and 112 LSA, with just a Cold Air Inductions intake and 1 7/8 Stainless power headers with HFC tuned right I got 491 RWHP and 448 rwtq …..on a mustang dyno, now subtract 5% for a l99 …..due to the slush box.... Your realistically going to have to have a lot more cam and then better heads will help when needing it, other than that your doing a port and mill may net you damn little as has been shown if not done right you most likely won't with a mild cam feed more fuel and air needed for more power because you simply don't need it with the cam your using....IMO And as always talk is cheap..... GO look at the small bore ls7 heads GPI has and their aggressive cam and their results from old posts on here where it was first shown is what I would do. Good Luck.

here ya go.... https://gwatneyperformance.com/produ...d-cam-package/
Thanks. I did look at that package a while ago, should have just done it then. What TC stall would be needed for that package?