View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #8
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wouldnt you think by now that people would have learned something from the past. 2008 wasn't that long ago. Gas came down a little and everyone is back to buying trucks and SUVs. GM shifting focus back to these vehicles. This is primed to all come to a crashing hault again. Glad I didnt get sucked in this time around. Only difference this time for GM is that they are making huge profits on these very expensive vehilces. Hofully they are keeping some back for the lean times will be returning real soon.
It cracks me up at their excuses for these layoffs. If you believe any of it, I have some nice ocean front property in central PA to sell you. The economy isnt doing nearly as well as it may look right now. A lot of sectors are starting to go soft. In a couple of years GM won't be able to give away their 60 to 70 grand land yachts. My dealer friend dropped all of his new cars sales and shifted to all used cars and repair except for his Kia dealership. He had GM, Ford and Chrysler/fiat. All just used car centers now. He said it's much more profitable then new cars except for Kia. The big three are pricing themselves right back to asking the government for money again.

It seems to me gm is trying to avoid what happened in 2008. They are making changes and planing for the future now when they have money. For the future they are actually making major plans for self driving ev’s while in the now making money on the trucks, suv’s and cuv’s that people are willing to pay more for.

It doesn’t matter how cool a car is if young people don’t want to drive. The future for many is not owning a car and just summonsing up a ride when you need one. Once you take the driver out of an Uber car it will be very inexpensive way to get around.