View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caution View Post
While I am very new to these boards with this being my first post, rest assured I have been lurking for a while now.

I own a yellow 2SS/RS 6M (well me and the bank) and have a question about the trunk button located on the driver's door, is it backlit, thought mine did when I picked it up but now it doesn't.

While I am here, one more question, when disarming with the remote, when do the headlights come on, only at night and how disarm button pushes should be required? The way mine works is as follows, daytime disarm---no headlights.
nighttime disarm--sometimes headlights come on with one push of disarm button, sometimes I must push button again for headlights to come on.

Just curious why sometimes it only takes one disarm button push to get the headlights to come on, and other times it takes two.

Thanks

Wayne
First... I don't believe there is a backlight to the trunk button on the drivers door (although the 2ss might be different than the 1ss, mine).

Second...I believe the headlight react based on the light sensors. If it is night or in a dark garage, they will probably come on with the first push (unlock). I almost always disable the automatic lights when i get inside, because that is one more thing I want control over (not some mechanical sensor).
5thGenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote