View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #52
john2000car
American_Chevy

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT RS+
FYI: I am very happy to say that I witnessed a Black 5th gen Camaro at the LSX Shootout in Indy this last weekend (Oct. 8 and 9 for me) do a 1/4 mile under 10 secs. I was awed to say the least. The driver was from either KY or TN. Sorry I don't remember the details because I was so dumbfounded. This may not be news to some of you Camaro5 avid readers, but I have not kept up with the posted track times on this website. Maybe someone else who was there can fill in more juicy details.

As an owner of a 2008 Corvette, the commentator was right on, particularly with plain street tires. As sweet as it drives (and it is really sweet), with TC off and getting on it a bit (throttle definitely not buried) in 1st gear, my vette wants to swap the rear end with the front end, with the rear sliding left. Leaving the TC on in 1st and into 2nd, the muffler growl and engine roar seems to scare the be-jesus and obviously impresses the misplaced thinking of a occasional uneducated wantabes in the next lane.

I haven't decided yet, but considering adding an Edelbrock superchcarger (554hp,515tq minimum tune) along with Corsica pipe system. Going from stock, I would keep a sleeper status (no badges). Any thoughts on additional needed changes with these?
john2000car is offline   Reply With Quote