View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #271
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
I find it funny how people are already saying that there's no way this thing keeps up with a Boss LS...we haven't seen ANY numbers from it yet guys! Remember when everyone flipped out, saying that without weight reduction, there was no way the ZL1 would be a respectable track car? Then it laid down a 7:41.27 on the Nurburgring. And easily handled the Boss LS. And beat the GT-R at VIR. Still want to make that claim?

The guys building and designing these cars for GM are engineers. As a mechanical engineer myself, I can tell you that if the car isn't right and it isn't going to do what it's supposed to do, it won't get built. How about we enjoy the fact that Chevy is adding another Camaro to the line-up for at least a few days before we start jumping to conclusions and saying that they got in wrong? Hell, how about for once we don't jump to conclusions on the performance before it even hits the track?

Personally, I'm extremely excited for this car, and I'm glad that I decided to wait for the 2013 model year to buy my Camaro. Now I have to decide if I want to add the 1LE package to my SS. If the price is right, Chevy might have one of their first buyers right here Decisions, decisions...

No need to reinvent the wheel. Wow... Love the comment Sniper! This IS a great offering from GM! What more could "an SS person" want? Improved exhaust, handling, suspension, style, performance! There is a lot of folks perfectly content with 426 HP that will be all over this! It certainly seems that it will "fill that gap" many have wanted up to and until "The Icon" returns!

PS: 3:91 final ratio is awesome!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote