View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #14
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
I had clean plans for an install if the mock-up/prototype setup worked well. I ordered two Snow 300psi pumps (only using one), a 3" Mishimoto Silicone Coupler with molded in 1/8" NPT Bung for the 1340ml/min injection nozzle that I replaced the intercooler outlet coupler with, and some 1/4" tubing and all the more-than-I-needed-fittings. This setup is spray before MAF because I wanted to see the air temp heading into the manifold. Just using the windshield washer fluid reservoir for testing. Using my Cortex EBC as the progressive controller (boost vs rpm). My example above was using only 23% pump duty cycle. I've notice I can overspray and get spark quench, if I go greater than 50%. Another negative effect is that the suspended water really jacks with the MAF sensor providing crazy airflows (see attached picture with the >50% spray, 2nd plot with green & blue MAF values magnified and sawblade - guess that's the water).

So, now that it works as I hoped except the 1340 nozzle is a little big for my application, going to install something like the flush with carpet mounted PNR Weld tank in the battery well, put the pump back there, and clean everything up. Can be pretty and fast!

Would you always need to run the spray for street application? I’m assuming you do.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote