View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #20
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Exactly.

With Corsa, you have an expectation for a very specific, drone-free quality sound. Once you start piecing together or frankensteining exhaust systems you change the intended sound of the manufacturer, even if by a little bit. Corsa designed and tested their systems with very specific parts, all tuned to work as a unit, complimenting the exhaust note and removing the dirty resonances and frequencies. If it doesn't sound as expected because it was a pieced together exhaust, but you are out there telling everyone you have a 'Corsa' exhaust system, well - that doesn't really help out the brand reputation. At that point Corsa has no control of your final sound and the opinion others have of the sound. But at the same time, they DO sell axle backs for other cars, the 6th Gen Camaro included. So most of what I just said is likely BS lol.

All that said, if I could get my hands on a set of Corsa Xtreme mufflers for a good price, you can bet I would be frankensteining my exhaust to save some major $$$. But I would not try to hold Corsa responsible or badmouth them if it sounded like hot ass. I am just having a very hard time letting go of nearly $1500 for their complete catback. That's the same price of the stall convertor setup or MRR017 wheels I want first, so maybe someday down the line I will be in a better position to go Corsa. My FM Outlaws sound great, so I will just have to tolerate the massive drone for a little while longer until I can join the club.
lol, well said sir!! Yea I loved my FM Outlaws too, but the drone I was getting tired of and I have all the other items you still need, so it was time. I agree with you though, wheels and a converter would be TOP on my list if she sounded good, and I know she does, so, good things come to those who wait!! Who knows, you may be able to get the Corsa by the time a "black Friday" deal comes around and you would have the other pieces you need by then.. Took me quite a while to get it all together!! lol.