View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
Sheena, I am going to be doing mine this year. I have/use the Adam's products. Since I had the hood spears put on my car, I clayed, polished the hood to get the slight surface scratches out of it, sealed the paint and put a coat of wax on it. I put one of my cloths on the hood today and it slid off. One way to see if your car needs claying is lightly rub your fingers over it. It will probably feel rough. Then put your hand in a baggie and rub your paint. It will feel like gravel!

I'm willing to give tips. Product? On your car, the Zaino polishes would work amazing on it! They will tend to give it lots of depth and a wet look. Don't get me wrong...Adam's has great products, but I know how well Zaino works on the darker cars. Zaino is expensive, but keep in mind around 1 ounce should do the whole car.

I will warn you, like I warned Rob. There is a LOT of work to detailing a vehicle if you want the paint perfect! LOL LOL There are more abrasive polishes you can buy to speed up the process and different polishers as well. Go to adamspolishes.ca and watch the videos. They are VERY good videos. Then you can look up The Junkman on Youtube as well. He's a supporter of Adam's polishes.

Let me know if you guys would like a hand.
Thanks for the offer Tom, I might take you up on that and maybe stop by to check out what you are doing!

I'll be washing my car today, almost 2 weeks since its been painted so it should be ok now, will do the Baggie test after. The biggest issue for me is the swirls-hate them!

I was at the dealer yesterday getting my tpms reset and an oil change, so walked around looking at the ZL1's they have. The ones outside had massive swirls on them was surprised to see them looking that way and with the high sticker price!

Anyway, I have watched the videos, I'm just more of a gotta see it in person. Will be ordering something this week, and plan on getting it done before may long weekend....might not happen by then, but it's a plan
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote