View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #157
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Well, a maggied camaro has the fastest stock block pass on record...10.19. Out of the top 10 fastest Gen V's 3 out of the top 6 are Maggied cars:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ist/index.html
I believe the LMR vehicle was the first to break the 9's, in early 2010 and would be interesting to see what the 9.50 LMR will do with some nitrous thrown into the mix to even things up like the Maggie does to make the 8.99. Keep in mind though the 2010 Camaro isn't the only vehicle on the race strip breaking records.
And, will be interesting to see over the next little while how the balance may shift as more people start using ProChargers, as they make more inroads into the market over time as more people start doing their research before they just throw on a maggie.
The fact is there are way more 2010's with Maggies than there are with ProChargers. Simply, because there are a lot of ol'skoolers (like myself) cruising around and moding the 2010 Camaro throwing on the ol'skool roots system.
Definately, Magnuson has been around a long time, and have a great product, they deserve their props for that, but that doesn't mean the new guys on the block aren't right there beside them.

Personally, I have no skin in the game besides choosing the system I believe, I will be more comfortable with on a "daily" basis, not just horsing around on the track getting a thrill for a few seconds. Regardless, most likely I'll never be able to get into any 10's never mind 9's, but deservingly it's obvious why LPE or LMR would want to have the fastest vehicle regardless of they SC's they're packaging with their staged Camaro systems. Both, vehicles are awesome that's for sure. Congrats to both team for sharing the top rankings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
The LPE car isn't a Pro charger. I belive its still a maggie....so is Pauls....only 1 or 2 Prochargers vs like 10 fast maggies. Not sure where you are getting your info....good work Jamie.

Six maggies, one KB, 2 prochargers, and 1 vortech......in the "top" ten.
You just proved my point out of 6 Maggies vs 2 Prochargers the Procharger held 1st. place starting in Jan 2010, and until recently is in 2nd. place right behind a Maggie that used a nitrous system to beat the Procharger. So, just because there are more of one system on the circuit doesn't necessarily mean it's any worse or better than the other system, it just means there are more of them in the game and therefore more of them taking championships. Simple mathematics.

Last edited by calbert1999; 02-19-2011 at 02:13 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote