View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #162
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireonIce View Post
Ok so it has taken me about two hours to read through this whole thread!. My only problem is that since I purchased my car almost a year ago, I have had my heart set on a twin turbo set up. Specifically the Granatelli or the Hellion... But the only problem is that through the research I have done you cannot use either of these systems with long tube headers. I hope that I am correct with this. I want to have a cam package, long tube headers and a twin turbo set up. Specifically Stainless Works long tubes to match my exhaust system. Through my research the only twin turbo that will work with this is the STS system. I am not sold on this system due to location and it doesn't appear to offer the same amount of horse power as the other two systems mentioned. With this being said is there a way or package that will allow me to run long tube headers with the Granatelli or Hellion? If not am I going to be stuck with the super charger with the direction I am wanting to go with my car??? Any input for you guys would be greatly appreciated!
I am still puzzled as to why you would build an awesome car around the headers. The twin turbo set up is a great way to make Incredible power. YOU DON’T NEED long tube headers – it is not that you can’t have them. YOU DON’T NEED them. I sound like a broken record but long tubes are more hassle then they are worth – NO HATE MAIL PLEASE. Most Twin kits use a more compact exhaust manifold to keep turbos as close to the heads and off the ground as possible. Plus a lot of long tube headers hang lower than stock taking away ground clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
All, I can say is this; If you want to have your tires spinning when the light turns green, and everyone else is gone ahead of you then get a roots, if you want really high HP gains and a even smooth stream of boost and power throughout the power band, get a centrifugal ......
In general I would agree with you 101% - But if you’re a person just looking for 600 crank HP and say 525 RWHP with an auto transmission - it is hard to beat the Maggie compared to a Centrifugal. If you have a manual trans and want more than 525rwhp – go Centrifugal and be happy. Or go Twin Turbo and have as much power at your disposal as possible with out ever having to change the blower pulley.

Quote:
With a ProCharger you won't need a meth kit, you won't need a light to tell you the meth is running out, you won't have to drill holes in your trunk for the meth tank, you won't have to run tubes from the trunk to the engine, you won't have to be concerned your meth pump is going to fry and leave you worrying about your engine detonating. ......
I am sue you know this but None of them need meth – it is just an added feature if you choose to add timing and about 75 more hp. I am in arrogance - Meth is a hassle to maintain but it is hard to argue with the end result and added safety of the system

Quote:
My installer built numerous Camaros' v8, M6's with the TVS2300, and meth (you'll need a meth kit for safety reasons), and barely make 570-580rwhp. @ 8 - 9psi. of boost, and knock sensors had to constantly adjust timing to compensate for the high temps (this can cause detonation). And then to see un-biased results of the centri system, they installed the older, smaller, ProCharger P-1SC-1 HO, and smaller air-to-air intercooler system on the same vehicle and got a whopping 640rwhp. @ 6psi. of boost (no meth required due to the air-to-air, intercooler), no knock sensors adjusting timing. This was done in the same environment, using same fans, same env. temps, same dyno. ......
Again I agree but 6lbs of boost on a stock 355 rwhp Camaro does not go to 640 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
With 810 hp and the roots style Maggie.....I blew every car off the line....not sure why others have their tires spinning....the key is having a good tire, and a good tune.......Procharger vs Maggie or KB....its not even remotely close....its not the Procharger.
The Maggie will give up way before the Procharger will. If you have 810 rwhp with a TVS2300 you are on the edge and about out of blower. The Procharger is not even breathing heavy yet. – With that said and speaking from personal opinion, if I had to chose between a ProCharger or a Maggie for my street car, I still think the Maggie is a great package and I would do that. While I agree 100% the Procharger will eat it lunch lbs for lbs of boost. Plus the Maggie looks like it belongs there and the ProCharger looks like a belt driven top mounted turbo

Quote:
I'm sure you do. But, it's not only the Maggie that's winning the races. I would guess it's the overall design of the vehicle and the driver. Regardless, not hearing too much buzz about records by vehicles with Maggies, ProCharger must be doing something right. Dontcha' think?
A bad ass street car does not need to set records – to be bad ass – right. If anyone here has a real 650 to 750 RWHP - your car is bad and you should be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Well, a maggied Camaro has the fastest stock block pass on record...10.19. Out of the top 10 fastest Gen V's 3 out of the top 6 are Maggied cars:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ist/index.html
I gotta think that will change over time. As more and more TT cars come out and more centrifugal blown cars are built, the Maggie will hold no records. Show me a Mustang street car that fits the rules in any class of drag racing that has a root type blower that sets records in that class. They ALL have Centrifugals and Turbos for a reason – and remember I still think the Maggie is the best package for a guy that just wants 650 and no turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRose View Post
Why pigeon hole yourself to Long tube headers? Get rid of them and use the manifolds intended by Hellion and Granatelli. If you want Twins then do it right.
Smart Lady

Talking about LadyRose - Calbert1999 said:

Quote:
A welcoming different perspective, all really good points. One of the reasons I like the ProCharger as well is that you can get up to 30lbs. boost from the D-1SC quite easily, and that equates to straight up HP's. Next year I'm planning to forge the engine and stroke it to a 416 or 427 so the D-1SC will definitely handle that upgrade quite nicely.

Hell no. I could never get rid of my cool sounding, wicked black ceramic coated, air flowing (power gains), so damn cool headers, just to have turbos. When I can have a ProCharger instead.
30lbs of boost? If you need 30lbs of boost your motor is too small The Granatelli twin turbo set up will support 1300hp at 15psi as will the other guys - maybe not Hellion out of the box but I know they can offer upgraded turbos to get you there.
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote