View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #78
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
a lot of emotion in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
What gives? From what I see around here everyone wants to 'upgrade' to a 1LE around here. Is your street driven SS so bad that your are destroying your tires and brakes at an excessive rate? Does the stock SS just not meet your standards of handling ability on the freeway entrance ramp? Also, you don't want to buy the tires for them very often.
maybe they are upgrading because of the newer features they've added through the years.. maybe its the package itself?

depending on the depreciation maybe it was worth all of the following without having to install it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post

Performance
FE6 Performance Ride and Handling Suspension
1LE-specific front and rear stabilizer bars
Four-piston Brembo® disc brakes with red calipers
Goodyear® Eagle® F1 Supercar® Gen 2 tires (P285/35ZR20)
Upgraded halfshafts designed to handle the higher grip and handling of the rear tires
Tower-to-tower brace to enhance structural feel
Tremec® 6-speed manual transmission with specific gearing
Electric Power Steering
Available dual-mode exhaust with quad outlets
3.91:1 axle ratio

Exterior
Low-gloss Black hood wrap
20-inch 10-spoke black wheels with low-gloss clearcoat

Interior
Sueded microfiber-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, shift knob and boot
I do hate that the tires have a real short life span (from what I've read)

Quote:
I'm mainly just wondering why you would want to trade your street driven SS, or your SS that you drag race for a 1LE, it's a track oriented car. Does it ride better,
It does ride better.. in fact if you google "1LE review" you'll find that they rave pretty hard about the differences.

Quote:
can you really tell the difference on the street or do you just feel like you are driving an SS with more expensive tires and a flat black hood?
i'm sure that many of the people checking off the 1LE package weren't sold on expensive tires and a flat black hood alone.

Quote:
Actually I have a 2012 SS with FE4 suspension I drive around pretty aggressively but the street is no racetrack. Obviously the 1LE will outperform on the track but if I went to a track it would probably be a drag strip.
I don't find myself wishing my car would corner or brake better on the street, if I bought one it would just be completely posing.
for the right price I always opt for better when I can afford it.

not really sure how opting for better performance is posing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Let me know if Im wrong, but electric power steering is standard on all SS models as of 2013 right?
i'm guessing he's assuming that one isn't trading in a 13 SS as the 1LE became an option then.
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote