View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
RUST? What? Depends on where it is and what it is. If it's surface rust, that's one thing, but if it's on the subframe or where there will be significant welding...um, I'd reconsider.

I can't help you with that as I've never seen a 4th gen around here with rust issues. In fact, there's TONS of them out there without rust issues.

Only one way to find out for sure if either of you are serious about this car...plop down your offer in cash on the hood. Whoever picks it back up first, the other one gets the car.
Yeah this rust is a half dollar size hole at the base of the shock tower, on the flat part by the front... and some light surface rust. I'm very confused as to how it even happened as I have never seen rust issues like this on another F-Body.

The owner advised anything under $5,900 would be a lowball offer, I just wanted to get some advice to see what the concensus is. I didn't just come up with $4,500 cash from thin air, KBB supports it and the car has some issues... the others being a leak somewhere in the AC system which could take some time and money to repair, and the passenger window regulator is going out, which will need to drilled out and a new regulator installed.
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote