View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #167
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Please show me something that changed because people on this or any forum suggested it. (I don't mean the disciples, either.... they're in a special case.)

I'd love to believe that they're listening but since they don't say anything in response to these threads I'm left hanging. If they say "we're reading everything and forwarding the info to our bosses!" then I'm left in limbo here and almost definitely missed my chance to get in any local dealer's allocation.

I can't rely on the hope things will change and place an order GAMBLING it will swing my way and then have to cancel it when things don't change... that's TOTALLY selfish and unfair to someone else who wants to place an order for a car that's NOT in limbo. I can't in good conscience deprive someone of their dream in hopes I can change my order at some point in the future. I know how much this means to enthusiasts and can't do that to anyone!
Well, Captian, I can not show you physical proof off the top of my head, but one specific thing comes to mind when you ask for proof or to be shown that the threads have any affect on GM and decision making.

While at Indy and in the 2 1/2 hour long Q/A session w/ the Camaro team, the subject over allocation was asked and how dealers will be allotted cars. I specifically remember Al Oppenheiser answering the question saying something almost identical to the effect of, "we are watching the msrp and below threads looking for those who agree to sell the vehicle at MSRP." He continued saying GM wanted nothing more than to sell, sell, sell so they could "dethrone the Mustang."...and those that could sell at MSRP or below were gong to get higher #'s than others.

Yes, he said "MSRP and below threads." Killer74Z28 was behind me and I immediately turned around seeing a wide eyed reaction to the statement and a big smile on his face. After all, he started the thread.

Other than that, I can not say anywhere, where a GM employee has said, "due to your voices about X,Y, and Z, we have decided to do _____." But, I can say we lobbied for Boston Acoustics, for an IPOD jack, for the USB, the homelink, Bluetooth, etc....and we got them all. How do I know? Because I was one of the ones begging for them years ago!

GM reads this stuff and it DOES influence their decisions. I remember reading someone saying GM actually has people employed just for this type of stuff. I mean....big company...they could easily hire someone to sit here and read, respond, ask questions, etc. It's really not that far fetched of an idea.