View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 07:06 PM   #16
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Depends on what condition your car is in now. If the paint is in need of correction, then below is what I would recommend for you:

Wash with Dawn Dish Soap mixture and micro fiber mit. Dawn will strip any remaining wax residue from your finish. Only use dish soap before polishing, and only polish when required. Do not do this on a routine, do only as needed.
Next move your hand over the finish and see if you feel any tiny bumps. If yes, then you must clay bar first. Clay bar is critical to remove any abrasive items before you attempt to polish. You do not want those abrasive items getting in your pad and potentially causing more swirls. If you wash and wax your car frequently and it is garaged, you may not need to clay bar on a regular basis. I only recommend clay bar when it is needed.
Next it is time to polish, start with a fine polish and an orbital polishing tool. Allow the tool to do the work. After doing a small area if you see scratches remaining, you may need a heavier cutting pad or compound polish. You may at this point choose a professional detailer, or continue on yourself.
Once the correction is done, apply the wax, sealer, or coating of your choice.
After you get that mirror finish, wash regulary, blow dry, and don't touch your paint
Attached Images