View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #14087
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So I guess it's blown 6.2s for everyone now.

Was looking forward to this car and am really disappointed by it.
The introduction was painful to say the least but what about the car itself disappoints you? Is it simply because it is F/I? And if so, what about F/I do you dislike so much that the totality of the what the car provides is irreparable damaged by the F/I aspect? I have been on many, many car forums and part of many different car clubs throughout the years and I am genuinely interested in why so many on Camaro5 dislike F/I motors. Especially when the rest of the cars (ZL1 and the now Z06 Vette) "total package" seems to be very, very nice.

I am not trying to incite an argument, just trying to better understand. I exchanged replies with Norm and he seems to see F/I as a crutch to generate more HP to compensate for ones inability to maximize a cars performance ability from the drivers seat. While I totally respect his freedom to think that way, I think it can take just as much skill to correctly use the additional HP as it does to compensate for not having it. Do you consider F/I to be a "cheat" as well or is there something else that you do not like regarding F/I?
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote