View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #23
jeff657756

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
You are correct when talking about the GM ASA and Hot Cam but what I used (and several others) is the Howards Cams, modern version of the GM ASA cam. The GM version has been around for a very long time with no changes ever made. The Howard version be updated and has things like a different, faster ramp design that is much better suited to our newer LS engines.
I'm always amazed at how many people get so bent out of shape and feel that the only cam out there is a BTR 4 or TSP etc and its impossible to have great results with anything but. Most people I know with 1LE's have been getting in the 390-400 rwhp stock so a 75-85 hp increase isn't that unreasonable with the right mods.

Here is my dyno sheet using the Howards Cams ASA, long tubes, hi flo cats, CAI, and a really good tune.

Best time in 1/4 (not with the F-1's) is 11.62 at 116 mph.

I'm sorry, but don't what else to say...........maybe I just got lucky ??
We don't discredit your results. A lot of people get caught up in the numbers on this site. When you post you got 48x whp out of a hot cam it could be misleading. ESPECIALLY when you say you dont need springs or pushrods, etc with it lol. Did you have a baseline? Have you raced any other cam only camaros? That would be a better comparison than dyno numbers. Night fury and BTR stage 4s make 460whp on my tuners dyno, so i take dyno numbers with a grain of salt.