View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 06:00 AM   #17
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
So here is my input as a v6 racer and as a brand new drag racer as well. I went to learn and have fun and potentially set the LGX record.. I had no anticipation of winning a trophy as I knew there would be faster V6 cars there.

Pro's to running the time category is it makes it alot more fun to watch I love the idea of v6 vs v8 and i4 all running together because of similar times..

Con's are for brand new drivers learning like myself I ran a 12.1 12.1 12.0 12.0 and then an 11.8 simply because I was learning how to launch and get better but I would have disqualified myself simply because I launched better on my last go with a 1.9 60ft.. This would be frustrating to lose in this situation..

For those people that know their cars know what RPM launch is going to get the close to what time and DA effects are going to it makes sense.

Just something to think about.
I don't think there would be any rule that said you couldn't put yourself in a faster class if you wanted to. Just like brackets for those guys that are on the line, you pick and do the best you can. We have to remember this is a "fun" event first, and if we get away from that and make it so competitive, you will drive many away those that ONLY drag their cars at this event. The weekend warriors that drag race, have events all year long to be competitive with. We all love competition, bragging rights and just seeing what our cars can do.

We have a whole year to see what options are out there and how to make it competitive, fun, and help those that are their for the first time, learn a lot and have them "enjoy" their cars on a different level.
hrpiii is online now   Reply With Quote