View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #63
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The weight has not changed according to the spec sheet.
Of course not, kind of odd that for the last two years, all these options (and standard improvements that don't get advertised), have been added yet the spec sheet still reads the same. Believe me, It is going to be heavier. It wouldn't surprise me if the 2011 gained a couple of pounds over the 2010...

Edit: You guys ask for the options and GM delivered... Did you think weight wasn't going to be an issue? It's also worth mentioning that regardless of the LFX V6 weighing 20.5lbs less than the LLT 3.6, the spec sheet still states that the 2LT Coupe weighs 3741lbs, just as it did in 2009. If the LFX is being mated to the Tremec, it is also worth mentioning that the Aisin 6 speed, that was specifically built for a V6, only weighed 116lbs (I think that is dry weight)... The TR6060 in its lightest form weighs 149lbs (also dry weight)... That's a 33lb gain, minus the 20.5= 12.5lb gain.

Edit#2: A little research shows me that the 2011 2LT Camaro with the Aisin transmission weighed 3769lbs, That is 28lbs heavier than the 2010 2LT Camaro. This tells me that the 2SS Camaro weighed 3888lbs due to unadvertised improvements such as sound deadening material, suspension, interior, HUD and all the small things that go into a vehicle that goes unnoticed year to year.

This year the 2SS FE4 optioned Camaro could weigh close to 3960lbs if the FE4 option adds as much as the Corvette FE4 did... But of course, we will not see a new comparison of with the 2012 Camaro vs. the 2012 Mustang because the output hasn't changed, just as there were no comparisons with the 2011's. Magazines wont waste their time and perhaps that's a decent strategy by GM... We will see a V6 vs. V6 this year though and I am excited to see that. The new LFX Camaro vs. the new oddly named "Mayhem" (named by a facebook crackhead) V6 Mustang.

Last edited by thePill; 05-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote